Temporary Refuge pressurization unit
A temporary refuge (TR) should be provided on all offshore installations. The TR is required to have a defined performance standard related to its survivability when exposed to a major accident that includes, but is not limited to, ingress of smoke, flammable and toxic gas. HVAC forms an essential part of this. As the TR is the last space for the crew before abandoning the vessel, rig or platform, the HVAC system should create and maintain a comfortable and safe indoor condition free of any explosive and/or toxic gas-air mixtures. The air quality and pressure inside the TR-zone is than of top priority. This can be created by our special TR pressurization unit (TR-unit).
How does it work?
Our TR-unit basically consists of an explosion proof fan, a filter section that filtrates H2S & SO2 and optionally a heater. The power supply is coming from the vessels Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) system or optionally by a battery power pack to ensure operation at all times. Three levels of filtration (G4, F7, and active carbon) are applied to incoming air before being supplied to the TR. The control system constantly compares inside and outside pressures and LEL’s. Should the TR area pressurization or LEL levels fail, a visual and/or audible warning is provided.
Our TR unit is designed for external installation to TR areas with a supply duct to the TR area interior. The TR unit control panel is designed to be installed internally within the TR area. When the TR unit is operational the unit is designed as a fail-safe system, i.e. should the unit sustain damage or an air seal leaks, then clean air will leak out of the unit rather than contaminated air being drawn in. During normal operation, the TR unit is ‘dead’ and closed by gastight dampers. It comes operational for emergency situations.
- Design according DNV, NMD, NORSOK, HSE. ABS, LR & BV;
- Ambient range from -20°C/15%RH to +45°C/80%RH
- Casing leakage according to class L1, EN-1886
- ATEX Zone II
- Double walled SS316L
- UPS powered (optionally with battery power pack)
- Easy service and maintenance access;
- Standard H2S concentrations 200 / 400 / 600 ppm
- Standard capacity 1000, 4000, 6000 and 7500m³/h. (600ppm)
More information about TR Unit
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about the TR unit. Our skilled engineers are eager to explain the possibilities for your vessel or structure.
Download the Temporary Refuge Unit brochure for detailed information and technical specifications.
- Temporary Refuge UnitMore information
- H2S filtration unitMore information
- Air Handling Units (DB)More information
- Axial Fans (IGW)More information
- Fan Coil UnitMore information
- Axial Fans (WMOR and WMOD)More information
- Axial Fans (HUA and VLA)More information
- Cooling PlantMore information
- Cabin UnitsMore information
- Centrifugal Fans (ENG and DNG)More information
- Can't find what you're looking for?
We probably offer a HVAC&R system that suits your specifc needs!Contact us
As the Temporary Refuge is the last space for the crew before abandoning the vessel, rig or platform, the HVAC system should create and maintain a comfortable and safe indoor condition free of any explosive and/or toxic gas-air mixtures.
- Sales Manager
- Sales Manager