Air conditioning for carriers
Because HVAC is still one of the largest energy consumers onboard a ship, our air conditioning systems are carefully designed to be as energy-saving as possible. Our highly efficient AC technology allows for significant fuel savings and reduced operation costs. Designing a well-balanced air conditioning system requires specialist knowledge and a thorough investigation of our clients’ needs. With over 50 years of experience in air conditioning technology, Heinen & Hopman knows exactly how to achieve a comfortable indoor climate.
Energy saving solutions
By implementing heat recovery technology, waste heat produced by the vessel’s generators is re-used to warm up air in the air handlers. Absorption chillers produce chilled water – used to cool the air in the AC system – while consuming just a small amount of electricity to run the pumps on the unit. Furthermore, air handling units can be equipped with a heat recovery wheel, positioned within the supply and exhaust air streams, in order to recover the heat energy .
- Propane ChillerMore information
- Chilled/L.T. Water Filtration UnitMore information
- Fan Coil UnitMore information
- Air Handling Units (DB)More information
- Self-Contained Unit (90MA)More information
- Replacement ChillerMore information
- Package UnitMore information
- Self-Contained Units (AM)More information
- Absorption ChillerMore information
- Self-Contained Units (HHC)More information
- Cooling PlantMore information
- Cabin UnitsMore information
- DiffusersMore information
- Can't find what you're looking for?
We probably offer a HVAC&R system that suits your specifc needs!Contact us