The Project Engineer is responsible for design, engineering and estimating costs for HVAC projects. Project Engineers report to their Project Manager
- Undertakes HVAC calculations to determine main performance parameters, sizes and weights.
- Analyzes system costs including labor (detailed design, engineering, testing, installation) and components for review with the Project Manager.
- As appropriate, discuss HVAC requirements with vendors to obtain technical and dimensional information.
- Works together with design specialists to prepare final drawings.
- Must be able to execute tasks within budget and scope.
- Mentor and assist with the development of Assistant Engineers.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 or more years of experience in (marine) HVAC Engineering.
- Knowledge of the marine industry is a preference.
- Experience with AutoCAD